Nutrition Through Life Span
This online study provides a clear and concise overview of the science of clinical nutrition. From explaining the digestive system and the role it plays in our health, to a breakdown of carbs, proteins, lipids, vitamins and minerals, this study is a perfect tool for health professionals who are planning to integrate nutritional counselling into their current practice.
The curriculum addresses the growing obesity and diabetic epidemics and offers a wealth of resources on those subjects. Chronic diseases such as osteoporosis, arthritis and heart disease (to name a few), are examined along with changes in nutritional needs throughout the lifespan.
At the completion of the program you will be able to offer your clients relevant and practical guidelines on weight management and disease prevention through rational dietary choices.
This online study provides a clear and concise overview of the science of clinical nutrition
You may also like…
- Introduction to Clinical Nutrition and the Digestive System
- Understanding Nutrients: Carbohydrates, Lipids and Proteins
- Spotlight on Vitamins
- Major Minerals and Water
- Demystifying Food Labels
- Diabetes and Diet
- Cardiovascular Disease: Nutrition for a Heathy Heart
- Healthy Diet for Bones and Joints
- Nutrition and Aging
- Metabolism Explained
- Role of Probiotics
- Dietary Approach to Healthy Weight Management
- Effective Nutrition Plans
3 quizzes. Final exam. Passing grade is 70%.
At the completion of the program, you will be able to discard nutritional misconceptions and replace them with clear and practical guidelines on healthy eating that are applicable to you and your clients. Your skill set will enable you to:
- Explore the chemical nature, function, digestion, absorption, transport, storage, metabolism, and food sources of the energy producing nutrients, vitamins, minerals, fiber and water
- Plan healthy diets that are consistent with the most current approach to the Food Pyramid model
- Estimate daily energy expenditure and calculate BMI
- Describe and discuss health issues associated with eating disorder and obesity
- Communicate effective weight loss and weight gain strategies and explain the strategies of a healthy and nutritious dietary choices
Frequently asked questions
Do I have to be at my computer at a particular time?
You do not need to be online at a set time. After enrollment, you have 24/7 access to the online learning platform for the period of one year.
Am I able to communicate with my course instructor?
Yes, LCO’s online learning platform enables you to have communication with your instructors and peers.
How much study is involved in this certificate program?
The Nutrition Through Life Span certificate program requires between 30-35 hours of study time.
Do I get a Continuing Education Credit (CEU) for this program?
Each LCO program is individually accredited. Please consult with your governing body for further details.
Do I have to purchase textbooks or other material?
No. All study materials are provided through the online learning platform and included in the one-time program fee.
How do I receive my certificate?
Upon completing all program requirements, you will be able to download a printable version of your Professional Development Certificate: Nutrition Through Life Span.